Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cleaning out the Closet

So after about two months in this apartment, I am getting ready to move again. Moving is one of my least favorite things and my most favorite things, simultaneously. I hate it for the obvious reasons: having to pack everything I own into boxes, then haul those boxes to my car, creatively stuff my car, then haul the boxes to a new apartment, and unpack everything I own.

I love moving because it gives me a chance to embrace my organizing dorkiness as I sort through everything. Though I am still finalizing where I am moving, the Moving Craze began today. I have done five loads of laundry and gone through all of my clothes.

This brings me to the point of this post: I have definitely gained weight over the four years I attended college. My pants span four sizes and my tops cover the range of women's, junior's, and even kid's clothes!

At some point, I think it was during my third year of school, I became very self-conscious of this weight gain, so I started trying to dress in order to disguise it. This would explain the variety of tops I own that could pass as maternity clothes! You know the type: gathers just under your breasts and has a free-flowing tummy portion that is very easily hiding a baby bump up until you're six months along. I had about 8 of these shirts. I wore maybe two of them and put the other five on in the morning, only to take them off for making me look pregnant. Hmm, go figure!

My "maternity" tops went in the giveaway bag, along with 11 pairs of blue jeans of various sizes. The best part of gaining weight pretty quickly and not being able to find clothes is that everything you give away is only gently used (if used at all)! :) Now my closet is less crowded and I have a couple bags of clothes to donate. Good day all around!

Now back to sorting through my belongings, then folding laundry (ick!) and doing dishes. I will be packed in no time! Just need to figure out where I am moving...

:) Chynna

No comments:

Post a Comment